British Sign Language Corpus Project (CAVA Repository)
To access the narrative or lexical elicitation video data, simply search or browse using the links above, and you will be able to view/download the video clips without logging in. Viewing or downloading the interview or conversation video data requires a user license (request a user license here).
After you have obtained your End User Licence, please log in using the link below:
To find data appropriate to your research, you can either:
SEARCH for a specific term, for example "Manchester narrative", or
BROWSE the collection by region, age, activity, or age of BSL acquisition.
Note: It is currently not possible to search or browse by content of the video data (i.e. for specific topics.) However, it is now possible to download ID-gloss annotations and translations for some of the data as ELAN files which can be downloaded and searched in ELAN. For more information and updates see Accessing the CAVA Repository (BSL Corpus Project).
Terms and conditions - read me before downloading. More...
- Example Video Resource filenames and what they mean:
- BF9+10i = Belfast participants number 9 and 10 in the interview activity
- L12n = London participant number 12 in the narrative activity
- M11+12c = Manchester participants 11 and 12 in the conversation activity
- LN12F40BHC.eaf = London paricipant no. 12, Female, aged 40, Black, from Hearing family, in the Conversation activity
- BM03M40WDNC.eaf = Birmingham participant no. 3, Male, aged 40, White, from Deaf family, in the Narrative-Conservation activity
- MC11F35AHC.eaf = Manchester participant no. 11, Female, aged 35, Asian, from Hearing family, in the Conservation activity
For more information, follow the links below: