||A confirmation for the abbey, 15th cent., was noted as at Blenheim Palace by the Historical Manuscripts Commission, in 1992. Ten other charters from the abbey�s archive were at Blenheim Palace until sold at Sotheby�s, 1-2 July 1920, lots 133-41 (bought en bloc by Maggs for �42; untraced since). These were: grant of free warren by Henry III, 17 May 1248; three [mortmain?] licences by Edward II, 1312 (two) and 18 Feb. 1321; pardon from Edward III, 20 May 1347; [mortmain?] licence from Edward III, 6 Feb. 1349; indenture in Anglo-Norman rel. a corrody and release of lands by Edward III, 14 Feb. 1364; deed rel. a tenement in St Albans, 1508; and an agreement by the abbot with the vicar of Sandridge church (Herts.), 4 Oct. 1405.